As fall and winter approach, it comes time to close your pool in order to avoid the damage that can occur when it is out of use (including water freezing in the pipes and grime build-up). A pool is an expensive investment. If you want to protect it, allow Yorkstone Pools & Landscapes to prepare your pool for the winter.
Our swimming pool closing service includes:
- Lower pool water to below return inlets
- Remove all deck equipment (i.e. step ladder, diving board, Etc. Remove drain plugs from pump, filter, heater)
- Remove directional inlet returns, lights (lights could be left on the deck or weighed down and put back in the water)
- Blow out remaining water left inside pool lines and equipment. Disconnect any necessary plumbing
- Use plumbing non-toxic antifreeze where applicable. Install gizmo or containers in the skimmer, foam rope in returns and plug
- Turn off all electrical sources and gas to pool equipment
- Add winterizing chemicals in pool assuming pool water was balanced
- Install winter cover/safety cover
- Leave instruction for the customer to store pool equipment that requires storage
Price: $400 + HST (Winterizing chemicals extra)
Note: Opening/Closing services are provided only to swimming pools built or renovated by Yorkstone Pools & Landscapes.